Monday, April 16, 2007

Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

Reviews for Benzoyl Peroxide

REVIEWER
REVIEWHELPFUL VOTES
wolfkidd79 (0)
02/05/2006

You people need to realize that from start to finish, 1 pimple typically takes over a month to actually show up on the skin. If your acne has gotten worse from using any of these products, it's probably because it's exploiting all of the cysts and clogged pores, which you should be thankful for because its bringing everything to the surface FINALLY. Give it time, acne has a pattern/cycle that needs to be learned, just like the medication being used on it. Here's a perfect example: I NEVER have broken out on my forehead until after I used BP 10% - - then after a few weeks (and still using BP) the forehead breakouts stopped and is now manageable. At first I was skeptical that this stuff was making my skin worse. Then I thought about it. How can anything that helps clean the skin make you worse off after using it? Maybe for awhile its worse than before you started but think about what that medication is doing. It's loosening up weeks and months of dried oil in your pores. It only has one way to go and that is out through the pores, which makes pimples occur. Acne cannot possibly be manageable unless your pores are clean. Think of the post-treatment breakouts as a silver lining, or miracle in disguise. Like any injury or wound, treatment and healing takes time, so be respectful and let nature do it's thing once you begin treatment. the only thing I can think of if it doesnt begin to work after a few weeks (and you must give a product at least 3 weeks to see if it works or not) Then pursue other means, and i know being kids in school you want that nasty acne to go away as quick as possible, but like i said it takes time, and it would be worth it to stick with a regimen and deal with the effects for awhile, it will be worth it in the end. Sorry this was so long but I understand what you and I are going thru. Hope this motivates you a little bit.1
johnnyduval (0)
11/13/2005

This stuff has been amazing for me but I am sticking to the regime on acne.org - moisturising is essential. Only use the 2.5%, use liberally, use on freshly washed or shaved skin (leave a couple of minutes) so it gets into the pores, and twice a day. I have greasy skin usually but with this stuff you really need to moisturise - I use Neutrogena which is great. If it gets too dry then I skip a day, or one morning or evening. For me this has been a miracle find, just scared that it will stop being as effective although acne.org say it will continue to work for ever.0
nexttigerwoods88 (0)
03/07/2005

This stuff works use 2.5% and buy it at www.acne.org dans regiman bp gell...its the best0
Burris12345 (0)
12/21/2004

I had very severe acne, i tried panoxyl aquagel 5%. It took most of it away, but it was still bad, I tried 10% but it was too strong. It does however leave your skin very irritant and peeling.0
VanessaJU (0)
07/02/2004

When I first started to use bp on my forhead it took a couple of months for it to actually work it did controll the oil in the mean time. So, when It did start to work everything went away and I had clear skin. :) I was so happy and had a lot of selfesteem but then after a couple months of having clear skin my forhead started to develop bumps again. so, I got some more medication and then the next day when I woke up my forhead looked like it had been burnt! I don't know how it happened but the only acne medication that worked for me I bacame alergic to. :( I then was so desperate that I continued to use it on my forhead and then became ammune again but if it touches any other part of my skin or face then I end up looking like a red cherry. :( So, I am trying to find somthing that will help will my monthly breakouts on my chin area. 0
kzkerk (0)
06/22/2004

5% worked the best for me. it did little for the acne, but my skin stayed oil-free for up to 3 hours, 2 1/2 hrs longer than if i use nothing. 0
Shaylee (1)
10/14/2003

I used BP at the start, ruined a few pillow cases and it didnt seem to make any noticeable difference. Switched to antibiotics and started with Doxycline - 100% results, became immune to it after 6 months, switched to Minocycline 100% results now becomming immune also (12 months). Used Differin the whole time while on antibiotics and do not believe it made any major difference either. It definately didn't help with the cystic lumps coming back each time I became immune to the antibiotics. 0
yaminokage (0)
10/06/2003

BP is indeed the best acne medication out there, yes, I say acne, and not pimple, for BP not only help clear pimples, it certainly helped with acne as well. Of all that I've tried, which includes Adapalene, Clindamycin and so many other formulas such as tea tree oil, BP is still the best. However, BP must be used in certain ways that will ensure that it will not overdry, first being do not use one that contain too high a concentration, while one may think that higher concentration means better results, this may well not be so, for a higher concentration may cause irritation, therefore 2.5%, and if need be, 5% at most be used. Next thing is to keep moisturizing your face, this is absolutely necessary to prevent drying out, and after trying out BP with moisturizer, along with an exfoliant, my acne has begun to clear up. Yes, even though not completely, but of all that I've tried, this is the best. 0
stef7654 (0)
07/11/2003

Benzoyl peroxide helps, however, I believe it needs to be used in conjuction with an exfoliant such as salicylic acid. Personally, my skin cannot tolerate using benzoyl peroxide everyday. I like to use Neutrogena Acne Mask 2-3 times per week, which seems to help keep me clear. For everyday use, I use 2% salicylic acid treatment during the day, and Retin-A at night. 0
thesound (0)
07/04/2003

I got a few zits so I started using this. Then i kept getting zits and was wondering if I became immune to the minocycline i've been taking because before I didn't need anything besides that to stay zit free. I think this works great if you use it in moderation...like every few days or something (.10 concentration) instead of the twice daily that they reccommend. Because I tried that and it doubled my acne. Like frangela9 i just get more zits on my nose and forehead. I stopped using it and amazingly my face is clearing up 0
warmTape (0)
06/25/2003

I loved Benzoyl Peroxide when i was younger and only got little whiteheads. But with hormonal changes came the bad cystic acne and benzoyl peroxide didn't help me anymore....haha actually made it worse because i'd try to pile it on, thinking it would make even bad acne go away (yes, that was my own error). Oh well, I miss the good times we used to have; I recommend it for mild breakouts and as spot treatment. 1
g0odchrl0tt (0)
06/01/2003

Benza-clin is the best product i have ever used, wich is a combination of 2.5% benzoyl preoxide, and a combination of Clindamycin. I reccomend asking your dermatoligest, or even your peditrician (who perscribed it for me) about Benza-Clin, if you have never gotten complete controal of your acne. 0
LisaH (0)
03/28/2003

My chest was constantly breaking out in acne and nothing would help until I found out about Benzoyl Peroxide. I couldn't even wear V neck T shirts or even work shirts without getting seriously embarassed. Within days of trying Oxy On the Spot it disappeared and I am now acne free (obviously I need to use the cream twice a day, but it is worth every penny!) Thank you Oxy! 2
trishbn5 (0)
03/15/2003

Radical-Oxidant, This wrinkles you faster, as well as leaves perminant scars. 2
jopoppa (0)
02/05/2003

I have moderate acne, and I am in my 30's. Retin A did not do much & I don't want to take oral medicine. The key is moisture and keeping your skin from getting irratated. It does work well when I stick with it. I stay clear, except my back which gets better. 1
leckyuk (0)
01/15/2003

I used Brevoxyl (Benzoyl Peroxide), the really strong one that u get by prescription only and also Oxy On the Spot which is the low dose over the counter one. Both make my skin rediculously dry and i end up with more spots as a result. Really mingy ones as well. My doctor has now prescribed Zineryt, and i've started it today. Let's see what happens. 0
dkrk (0)
11/26/2002

I used Benzoyl Peroxide twice before. 5% and 2.5%, but both were too drying for my skin, and it didnt help at all. Basically just dry my skin out and no moisturiser would help. Have had acne since I was 14, am 20 now. Am trying Minocylcine Mr and Adapalene Cream. Hope it works, and lasts. 0
Liz20 (0)
11/23/2002

Benzotl Peroxide works well if used regularly, but it is certainly not a miracle cure. If used daily it does help keep acne under control. Also, everybody should drink tons of water! Obviously water will not clear your skin, but it does help to hydrate it and look more radiant. Oh, don't forget to use suncreen religiously!!! 1
nessa (0)
11/16/2002

I think the trick with this stuff is to stick it out for at least a few weeks even if your skin plays up from day 1. It really irritated me at first (I used 5%) and my skin is rarely sensitive to anything, I could barely move my chin it was so dry and was was red and peeling. But after 2 weeks my skin began to tolerate it and with a decent moisturiser in the day my skins now a lot clearer and I can use BP with no problems.Ive had better results with this over time than Ive had on 2 courses of accutane. It dosn't work for everyone but if you don't give it a chance you'll never know will you??? 0
kristyna (0)
11/03/2002

I don't like benzoyl peroxide at all it dries the skin out way to much. Then your skin fights to produce more oil therefore making more severe acne
0 comment(s) - Reply to this Review - Email to a Friend

For the complete list, visit - http://www.rateitall.com/i-5772-benzoyl-peroxide.aspx

No comments: